Cigna Actuarial Senior Specialist in Brussels, Belgium
Actuarial Modelling Manager
Cigna is a global health insurance company, dedicated to its mission of helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We are a young and dynamic company that is constantly evolving to keep alive the highest concept of wellness and provide our customers the best service.
At Cigna we have the best people; we give the best of ourselves and put passion in everything we do with a strong customer focus.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To develop, maintain and document the internal capital model to Solvency II standards and provide all capital related deliverables for Cigna Europe and CGIC.
- To drive quantitative initiatives (from a risk standpoint) to address business needs and regulatory requirements covering all aspects/Pillars of Solvency II .
- Compiling, assessing and reporting risk information to the CRO.
- Ensuring that Cigna Europe’s activities comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
- The role is centered upon the development and implementation of Cigna Europe’s Capital Modelling Capabilities . The role holder is responsible for the development of the capital model to meet SII standards and ORSA requirements as well as deliver capital projections. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support and drive the maintenance of the internal model for regulatory purposes for solo insurance undertakings and Group.
- Leading the methodology / calibration / parameterization and testing of all internal models used
- Facilitation of internal / external model validation Lead the internal model validation process and manage the external model validation.
- Give support and to the Actuarial Function in its activities of Review.
- Develop and produce model documentation and PIM outcomes quantitative (including PIM outcomes, Balance Sheet valuation, VNB, EV, liquidity) reporting.
- Developing, managing and refining quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the Chief Risk Officer/ Comité de Direction, in order to support effective decision making.
- Formulating and articulating a coherent risk appetite and infrastructure, including operating and financial models.
- Continuously developing, embedding and monitoring the quantitative risk framework for managing risks across Cigna, ensuring that governance processes are fit for purpose.
- Working closely with the CRO, Audit/ Treasury/ Finance/ Actuarial/ Underwriting/ Reinsurance leaders, other executive and non-executive committee members to achieve Cigna Europe targets/ needs.
- Providing support to corporate governance systems and committee structures and reviewing and confirming investment/ underwriting and reinsurance processes.
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework within the risk team.
- Qualified actuary with a strong quantitative academic background.
- At least 5 years of expertise in Solvency II (development, execution, validation of internal model). Experience within business team as Head of Actuarial would be a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of actuarial software and Office suite would be an asset.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Proven ability to manage team with various highly skilled profiles.
- English and either French or Dutch .
Primary Location: Brussels-Belgium
Work Locations: Brussels 1000
Employee Status: Manager of People
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2017, 8:52:58 AM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.