EY Project Manager (fluent in French / Dutch) - Advisory Insurance in Diegem, Belgium
Project Manager (fluent in French / Dutch) - Advisory Insurance
Requisition # DIE000RM
Post Date Mar 28, 2018
At EY Belgium we built a thriving Insurance Advisory practice, which comprises a growing team of complementary skilled consultants; they act as experts in their field, challenge our insurance clients, and help them lead and innovate in the marketplace. This makes us the preferred advisory partner in the insurance market, as well as a great team join!
We recognize that each of our clients deals with a specific set of challenges, therefore our tailor-made approach is a blend of some of the following key solutions:
► Technology Enabled Transformation:
► Core Insurance Platform (conversion, upgrade, enhancement, integration)
► New provider assessment, selection and implementation
► Business transformation (TOM): Assess, define and implement
► Change management
► Process improvement: Optimization (Agile) and Automation
► Insurance innovation for Claims handling, Underwriting & Insurance Products (e.g.: Predictive analytics, Blockchain, …)
We have opportunities for capable Project Managers to lead complex projects in the insurance sector, dealing with some of the most important relevant topics in the industry.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
• Manage projects through their complete lifecycle, and interact appropriately with external & internal parties
• Lead teams and key work streams
• Define clear and realistic plans, workload and budget estimations at detailed level for assigned projects
• Monitor the planning, budget and staffing following adequate project management standards and methodologies
• Deliver the objectives of the projects according to the scope, time and budget constraints
• Implement and manage change requests to achieve projects outputs
• Proactively identify and assess issues and risks which might threaten the success of the projects, and propose mitigation actions
• Report progress and forecasts concerning time, budget and quality to Steering Committees and various level of Executive Boards
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring more junior members of the program team.
To qualify for the role you need:
• Strong academic background (Master degree in business administration, commercial engineering, economics, civil engineering, applied informatics, etc)
• Relevant professional experience, including 3 - 5 years as project manager
• Thorough knowledge of the insurance industry
• Proven track record of successfully delivered projects
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Stakeholder management capabilities, with regular exposure to C-Suite & middle management level
• Exceptional organizational and planning capabilities
• In-depth knowledge of at least one main project management methodology: PMI, Prince2, Agile/Scrum
• Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
• Fluency in Dutch and / or French, with proficient business English.
What’s in it for you? As a member of the EY family, you will:
• Join a young team genuinely passionate about their work
• Become part of a leading global professional services firm
• Get extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
• Get individual coaching and mentoring and learn from experts, which will support your growth as a professional and as a person
• Interact with your colleagues on international level.
Our commitment to our clients and employees
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent service. Our client-facing profession requires working at client sites and may include regular travel; however, we are committed to help you achieve a personal balance and fit with your chosen life style.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At EY we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.