Nuance Senior Software Engineer - Text-To-Speech in Merelbeke, Belgium
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Exciting opportunity to join an experience International Text to Speech Development Team which is spread across Europe and Asia.
“Hi, My name is Ava. I am looking for a Senior software engineer to help me improve my voice”.
As a Senior Text-To-Speech software engineer you will help shape the future of computer voices at Nuance. We build and maintain technology for embedded and cloud based text-to-speech applications and support more than 100 voices in 50+ different languages which are used across the world. Our software stack is built on C and C++ and we use Python and Java for testing frameworks and tools. The whole stack is continuously built and tested automatically using Jenkins. Our technology is speaking to you from your car’s GPS system, mobile assistants and interactive telephony systems.
• As part of the software team you analyze, design and implement improvements to the text-to-speech technology as well as develop test cases for your changes
• Collaborate with research and linguistic teams to make sure the algorithmic improvements and new language and voice releases get integrated timely and correctly.
• Optimize algorithms to fit in a target budget of RAM, Flash and CPU consumption.
• Support our professional services teams in delivering our solutions to customers. Understand their needs and follow-up on requests and bug reports.
• In short, innovate the text-to-speech product, optimize it towards the computing platforms and work with the different teams to get a successful solution in the market.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
• Solid programming skills in C/C++, Python, Java.
• Passion for software engineering and software architecture.
• Experience with embedded platforms for automotive and mobile is a plus
• Experience with data compression, SIMD instructions or GPU programming is a plus.
• A creative and innovating thinker who challenges the status quo.
• An interest in language and speech technology.
• An understanding of software quality and processes leading to high quality software.
• Programming experience on different platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, iOS, etc) is a plus.
• Speaking and writing English fluently. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
• The will and ability to function in a team spread across the globe.
• The desire to grow yourself and have a maximum impact on the team, the product and the company.
Experience with version control systems (e.g. Mercurial, Git, SVN).
Experience with issue tracking databases (e.g. Fogbugz, Jira)
Experience with speech synthesis (TTS), automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), Machine Learning, Neural Networks.
Education: MSc in computer science, or equivalent