Microsoft Corporation Senior Finance Manager in Zaventem, Belgium
Microsoft Finance organization purpose Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products.
• Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
• Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
• Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
• Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Microsoft Belgium & Luxembourg is a developed market Subsidiary, part of the Western Europe Area and operates as a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region.
Belgium & Luxembourg Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams as well as supporting Microsoft legal entities in Belgium & Luxembourg. Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Financial Controllers to make each other great and build on each other
The Financial Controller (FC) is in charge of managing the P&L to ensure quarterly accountability, ensuring internal controls and external Statutory and Tax compliance. The role enables effective resource allocations to drive company transformation through return on investment analysis, collaborating with the senior business and finance leadership to make to best investment choices.
FC is the key point of contact for main projects affecting the subsidiary management and statutory financial statements and the key contact point for both regional and corporate Headquarters in assessing implications of evolving business models in geographical jurisdiction.
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate.
You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams.
You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights.
You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
As subject matter expert, the FC is accountable for organizing the Finance/P&L team to manage the key finance rhythms. The FC is also an experienced professional within the Area Finance community and is expected to contribute to the thought leadership of the community. • Subsidiary lead lead in charge of the subsidiary management P&L across all Belgium and Luxembourg subsidiary and their employees (including Regional Guest Employees).
Partnership: Trusted advisor of the subsidiary leadership team, the FC builds partnerships across the subsidiary to deliver insight on results, accurately forecast future results and identify opportunities to maximize the effective use of resources.
• Collaborate with HR, Global Procurement Group, Real Estate & Facilities (RE&F), IT, OneFinance, and the business. Responsible for ensuring that all parties deliver maximum value to the business and are continually improving operational effectiveness.
• Supervises the budgeting, forecasting, actual, variance and trend analysis for all costs, ensuring insightful commentary provided to controller and subsidiary leadership team and offering solutions in resource decisions.
Prioritization: The FC has primary responsibility for timely and accurate production of statutory and management accounts as well as other filings. This role drives business productivity improvements through holding business partners and outsourced vendors to account.
• Budget/Forecast/ Month End close and Quarterly Business Reviews: supervises the cost and overall P&L elements for headcount, controllable costs, vendor costs, and other OPEX; also includes responsibility for cash and tax management and forecast. Specific review of cost per head (CPH) and headcount ramp in sub/AREA.
• Drive the Field Operating Model and ensure the sub achieves Accountability Margin every quarter.
• Effectively manages the outsourced G/L, AP, Payroll and Buy Centre functions to shift into more high added value activities impacting the business. Protect Ensuring proactive Risk Management through internal controls and external Statutory and Tax compliance
• Coordinate outsourced providers, corporate tax function and external advisors (e.g. Accenture, EY, KPMG) together with the local finance team to ensure full and accurate compliance with all statutory and tax requirements.
• Collaborate with the Control & Compliance lead to embed compliance into the finance and business processes within the subsidiary.
• Oversees the systems and processes that deliver outcomes to meet regulatory requirements (including SOX) as well as advises on revisions to these systems and processes to adapt to changing legislative environments. Key indicators of success
• Controllable Costs forecast accuracy within 3% (5% for MSA subs).
• Manage CPH and HC ramp YoY and VTB
• QFA results and Accountability Margin predictability and usage
• Finance Compliance results (IA – SCA and SOX)
• Timely and compliant tax and stat filing for all statutory entities (in collaboration with Statutory and Tax Controller)
• Cash Forecast Accuracy/Tax Provision forecast accuracy (in collaboration with Statutory and Tax Controller)
• 1 to 3 costs saving or process simplification initiatives a year with tangible cost saving
• 10+ years of experience in finance / finance leadership positions
• Statutory (Local GAAP, USGAAP) Accounting, Controlling, Tax knowledge
• Compliance and risk management experience
• Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
• Fluent in English
• BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CA/CPA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.